1.3.5 was released today and with it, I've released version
fr_FEM (French gender-neutral) locale.
This latest version is actually the first one that can be used with a production version of Roundcube: the first versions I released were based on the latest commit in the master branch at the time instead of an actual release. Not sure why I did that.
I've also changed the versioning scheme to follow Roundcube's. Version
of my localisation is thus compatible with Roundcube
1.3.5. Again, I should
have done that from the start.
The fine folks at Riseup actually started using
fr_FEM as the default
French locale on their instance and I'm happy to say the UI integration seems
to be working pretty well.
Sandro Knauß (hefee), who is working on the Debian Roundcube package, also told
me he'd like to replace the default Roundcube French locale by
Debian. Nice to see people think a gender-neutral locale is a good idea!
Finally, since this was the first time I had to compare two different releases
of Roundcube to see if the 20 files I care about had changed, I decided to
write a simple script that leverages git to do this automatically.
./roundcube_diff.sh -p git_repo -i 1.3.4 -f 1.3.5 -l fr_FR -o
roundcube_diff.txt outputs a nice file that tells you if new localisation
files have been added and displays what changed in the old ones.
You can find the locale here.